1. Smile. No matter how beaten you are, smile. Your troubles might not go away but at least you are doing something positive rather than a carry a long sour face.
2. Say Hi. Learn to say Hi to everyone you meet. Engage in small talk. Avoid discussing about your problems. Talk about the weather, the government or the your favourite football club.
3. Read inspiring stories.
4. Exercise. Go jogging or swimming. Give yourself a good physical workout.
5. Movies. Go for a movie or get the DVD of your favourite movie.
6. Songs. Listen to your favourite songs and try singing along.
Keep in mind that there is a season for everything and soon your blues too will pass.