1. Drink enough water- at least 8-10 glasses everyday
2. Restrict alcohol intake, if possible avoid it
3. Avoid saturated fats
4. Include low fat milk products, i.e yogurt, cottage cheese, skimmed milk- they help cravings for food
5. Take more vegetables, beans, whole grains
6. Include food with Omega 3 fatty acids such as mackerels, salmon and herrings.
7. Eat four or five meals of smaller portions rather then three main meals
8. Take adequate fiber.
9. Add spices such as ginger, mustard, pepper, cinnamon, clove, etc- it helps decrease sugar cravings
10. Avoid food two to three hours before bedtime