There are hundreds of modifications a person can make to boost their mental faculties. However, there are a few simple steps which you can start using right now, that will help to increase your intelligence quotient going forward:
- Use mind calming techniques such as deep breathing and good body posture. It is important to keep a silent and calm mind which is free of anger, stress and worry. This is because negative emotional states are a good way to cloud the mind of the clear thought it requires to think properly. It also allows thoughts of inspiration to become more easily recognised. An example of a good technique would be to maintain a good exposure, and to practise deep breathing throughout your day. This is a simple step, i know, but it will have a profound effect on the quality of your thoughts.
- Make a habit to think through things in a positive light. When you think positively, you are helping your mind to seek out opportunity and see the abundance in life, instead of the lack. This will therefore help you to focus on solutions in a situation as opposed to problems. So when you look at a complex mental task, you should look at finding the solutions, instead of worrying about how complicated the problem is and getting bogged down this way. This is a simple step, but it will have a profound effect on the number of mental problems you can solve and how efficiently your brain runs.
- Put pen to paper and write your experiences, goals and ideas down. When you begin to write things down, you are using the creativity parts of your brain which will help you to generate even more ideas about the idea or situation in question. From this, you gain an additional perspective which may lead to profound insights or solutions to the situation at hand. Also, writing your ideas down is the best practise you can have, because it promotes self discipline of the body and mind. When you can learn to effectively discipline your body and mind, you will have control over it, and your life. Your life is controlled by the way you use your body and mind.
- Get good sleep. This sounds obvious but you would be horrified to hear how little step the majority of people actually get. Sleep is vitally important to maintaining optimal mental function and should never be underestimated under any circumstances because it is a fundamental component of life. Most people can do with 7-8 hours sleep, but others need much less time. Its important also that you get into sleeping routines so that you always wake up refreshed. This works infinitely better than always sleeping at different times every evening.
- Prioritise your time. We all have the same 24 hours in a day, and some of us will make maximum use of this time by moving towards our goals, and investing the needed time and energy towards them. However, for the majority of people, almost 40-50% of the day can go down in the bin as a straight loss, in that we waste our time doing idle and useless things. By prioritising your time, you can therefore extract much more from your mind, and make your mind efficient. When you use your time wisely, you are building the discipline to get on with the important things you need to perform to achieve your objectives, and make your mind more responsive to your commands for even more efficiency.
- Change your beliefs. When we believe a particular thing about a situation (whether it be true or not), we will tend to automatically see things from the perspective that the belief is true. In other words, what you believe, you will see as being true no matter what. So using this, if you believe that you are intelligent, smart and mentally sharp, you will become it. When you believe that you can do a certain thing with all sincerity and strength of faith, you will do it. The actual reasons for this are extremely complex yet profound to enhance our lives: basically, your beliefs can very easily penetrate the deeper subconscious mind, so we only see the world as being true dependant on our beliefs. To create mental efficiency is therefore about believing the right things (ie that we are smart, clever etc) to promote these things in our life. If instead you believe you are a mental failure, what do you think will happen?
- Exercise your mental faculties. There are loads of ways to exercise your brain: You can learn new things. Become creative. Do crosswords and puzzles, play chess, do maths in your head etc etc There are a million and one things you can do to maintain and boost your mental faculties. Just make sure that you do something mentally stimulating on a daily basis and your mental acuteness will remain throughout your life and through old age. Everyday, we can go through the grind of boring and mundane jobs which do not stimulate our mental faculties properly, so we should never assume that our jobs are enough to keep us mentally fit. We need to take charge of our lives, and ensure our mental fitness on a daily basis.
- Use intelligence increasing techniques. This is by far the easiest way to increase your IQ. There is no reason why you should let your dreams slip into the bin whilst others achieve them with ease and brilliance. You are entitled to achieve your goals as much as anybody else. You still have the time to make an investment in yourself. When you have the discipline and desire to increase your intelligence, you will learn that your discipline and desire will build on top of its self to create a huge furnace of desire to reach your goal.
What To Expect
When you implement these simple steps to make an investment in yourself, you are opening the path to greater intelligence. Not only will you become more alert and focused throughout your day, but you will have a greater quality of life by which you can strive to achieve your dreams.
posted in : Self Help 101