Frank Tibolt, suggested this in his book, The Touch of Greatness as a tool to achieve not one but two purposes; to get things done and as a thought provoker.
An advice I should have heard earlier in my life.
After I started doing list on how to do my job to the best of my ability, I found I am more focused. Problems seems so much easier to solve. I am more at peace with some of the more irritable colleagues of mine. This is the list I used.
- How can I improve some part of my job
- Does it have to be done this way?
- How can I increase production?
- How can I save time?
- What Ideas from other field can I use profitably here?
- How can I express initiative, the biggest achievement factor?
This helped, try using it.
After experiencing its benefits, you might want to start having list for everything that matters in your life.