A meeting is a dialogue, not a monologue. A meeting is a place where every one of the participant has the right to be heard. As the chair, you must be the guide. Use the tips below to keep the meeting flowing.
1. Ensure everyone is heard. Gather data and information.
2. Be the guide. Let others carry the content.
3. Always use the agenda. Be on track.
4. Vary the pace of the meeting. Speed it up, slow it down, take a break.
5. Periodically summarize the key points.
6. Help the participants to be aware of the objectives.
Remember to end with a thank you to the group before you adjourned the meeting.